It doesn’t matter how good you write, if you choose a bad topic you will find it difficult to leave a mark.
Without an appropriate topic, it’s very difficult to even start writing. We already provided you with valuable information in our 10 facts for a persuasive essay on sports as a social institution guide. In this second guide, we’ve collected 20 sports persuasive essay topics so you can start writing them right away.
Furthermore, we’ve also included a persuasive sample essay on one of the 20 topics, which will serve well to assist you.
We highly recommend that you thoroughly read our third guide which is the perfect manual for writing a persuasive essay. It eases you into writing a better and more precise persuasive essay that is not only compelling to the eyes of the reader, but also a piece that comes off as professional and elegant too.
With that said, here are 20 sports topics on social aspect:
- How Sports is Reshaping Global Politics
- Effects of Sports on Global Culture
- Sports’ Role as a Social Institution
- How Sports is Making a Difference in Intercultural Relations
- Sports as an Instrument to Unite People Around the World
- Sports – A Powerful Tool to Foster Peace and Mutual Understanding
- How Sport is Used as Means of Power and Development
- Influence of Sports on People’s Lives
- How Sports Have Changed Our Culture
- Role of Sports in Ancient Civilizations
- Correlation of Sports with Culture and Religion
- Why Sports is a Necessity for People
- Reasons Behind the Creation of Sports
- Relation of Sports with Other Social Institutions
- How Sports Influence Social and Economic Status of an Individual
- Sports’ Influence on Political Identities
- How Sports have Promoted Thousands of Players Worldwide
- Sports and The Reason it Is a Part of Everyone’s Lives
- Global Revenue of Sports and How it Affects Economic Systems
- Sports and its Influence on Media and Television
You’ll find plenty of information on these topics, but still, we’ve included 7 references from where we collected the topics, just so you know. To make things easier, we’ve written a sample persuasive essay on one of the topics above.
Sample Persuasive Essay: Sports and Its Influence on Media and Television
Ever since sports became a part of media and television series, it’s become very close to a convergence. Through new digital technologies, sports and entertainment industries have risen to a challenge where they are able to change and shape the way we spend our leisure time and entertain ourselves.
Even though economic times have recently been troubled, sports continued to thrive and become more popular than ever. However, lower tier events find it difficult to get the attention they need – they have to work a lot harder than major events to achieve their desired viewership. Since we are seeing a major breakthrough in media and a remarkable competition between entertainment industries, sports have focused more on providing value for money by delivering added entertainment segments and more.
Sports have also been used to attract viewers into watching lead-out programs that are not as popular as they aim to be. For example, one of the most watched programs in American television history was the 2011 Super Bowl; it gave 27 million viewers to Glee, the lead-out program had almost doubled its usual view score.
Through social media channels, sports have continued to offer entertaining and personalized opportunities to their fans by creating a two-way communication. It allows fans to get personal with sports protagonists, personalities and athletes and on the other hand, enables sponsors to embed their brand and have an understanding of how fans perceive their brand. It’s a great way to provide and manage the quality and value of convergence between sports and entertainment industries.
Through the use of internet media, television advertising and improved economic conditions, entertainment industries have increased the global revenue of sports in 2015 and in the future, pay-TV penetration will be the leading driver to boost revenue as most of the sports programs are migrating to pay-TV platforms.
The convergence of sports and media has attracted more viewers than they ever did alone. Sports have been a dominant social institution to influence, inspire and attract different aspect of identities and individuals. This convergence has not only led to billions of revenue in the United States alone, but it has also brought different nations and cultures to a big intercultural unification. Through the media, sports have become a leading social institution and serve as a platform for debate, gossip, reviews, scandals, feats and more.
This covers it!
You are on your way to writing a compelling and ideal persuasive essay on sports as a social institution. Be sure to follow our third and final writer’s guide for a persuasive essay on sports as a social institution, which will greatly help in writing a clear and concise essay that persuades your audience to agree with your point of view.
- Hardin, M., & Greer, J. D. (2009). The influence of gender-role socialization, media use and sports participation on perceptions of gender-appropriate sports. Journal of Sport Behavior, 32(2), 207.
- Horne, J. (2006). Sport in consumer culture.Sport in consumer culture. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Jhally, S. (1989). Cultural studies and the sports/media complex. Media, sports, and society, 70-93.
- Coakley, J. J. (1997). Sport in society: issues & controversies.Sport in society: issues & controversies.. McGraw-Hill Inc.
- FREY, JH; EITZEN, DS; 1991 “Sport and Society – Annual Review of Sociology” Volume 17, Pages 503-522 Annual Reviews Inc.
- Coakley, J. J. (1997). Sport in society: issues & controversies.Sport in society: issues & controversies.. McGraw-Hill Inc.
- Yılmaz Kaplan, Demet Tekinay, Dr. Alkan Ugurlu; 2013 “Social Status of Sport: Sport as a Social Event, Phenomenon and Institution” International Journal of Science, Culture and Sports. http://www.iscsjournal.com/Makaleler/588422276_8ugurlu.pdf
0.00 avg. rating (0% score) - 0 votes
Tags: persuasive essay ideas, persuasive essay topics, sports essay topics
Sports related research paper topics are connected with a many-sided field of activities. Sporting activities have existed for several millenniums. Throughout the history of civilization, people had to struggle for survival. During hunting and war, a person had to have good physical strength and agility in order to survive. With development of civilizations, ritual competitions served as honor to gods.
The modern meaning of the sport was defined at the end of the 19th century. Its appearance is associated with the rapid development of urban culture. The origins of the modern sport lie not in the needs of physical perfection or a form of holiday, but in the new possibilities of leisure: if athletes of antiquity were approaching the gods with their perfection, the sport of the new age was born due to boredom and passion.
Today sports serve as an instrument for many social and cultural problems. It is a powerful industry, including a special system for the production of achievements. In addition to athletes and coaches, managers, sports physicians, psychologists, and research workers are involved in it.
In this article we have gathered the most topical and interesting sports research paper topics that you can use for your own research paper. As you can see there are lots of topics that can be related to sports research papers, so you can choose the direction and create your own paper on a narrowed topic. For example, you can use the research paper topics on sports related to management and narrow it down to “management software for managing a soccer team.”
We have picked such directions as sports medicine, sports injury, sports theory, nutrition, doping, tennis, cricket, soccer, and other sports psychology research paper topics. Lets check them out!
Sports Medicine Research Paper Topics
- Chronobiological features of respiratory functions in highly qualified athletes.
- The influence of fitness yoga classes on the physical condition of women in a period of menopause
- Describe what influence the absence of sports and obesity have on health.
- Describe similarities and differences between methods of assessment of heart rates.
- Analyze causes that have led to deaths through the history of the Olympic Games.
- The effect of Ayurvedic drugs in the practice of sports medicine.
- Analysis of the functional state of adolescents engaged by professional sports.
- Positive and negative effects of caffeine on athletic performance.
- Influence of sport activities on functional activity of neutrophils.
- Effects of practicing sports among people with various heart diseases.
Sports Injury Research Paper Topics
- Types of injuries in weightlifting, powerlifting, and bodybuilding.
- Compare the sport traumas among preschoolers and teenagers.
- Effectiveness of elastic therapeutic tape with a shoulder trauma.
- Localization, mechanism, and treatment of traumas in the rowing slalom.
- Specificity of treatment of sports injuries in children and adolescents.
- Diagnostic and rehabilitation after anterior cruciate ligament injury.
- Statistics of injuries in volleyball and ways of its prevention.
- Technologies in the physical rehabilitation of athletes with vertebral-spinal injuries.
- Types, localization, and mechanism of trauma among young female gymnasts.
- Protective sports mouthguards and features of oral dental pathology in sportsmen of various sports.
Sports Psychology Research Paper Topics
- The use of neuro-linguistic programming in increasing results in sports.
- Aggression in sports and comparative analysis of its expression among qualified wrestlers.
- Psychological and physiological aspects of doping in sports.
- Volitional regulation and motivation of young athletes in artistic gymnastics.
- Psychological characteristics of concentration and attention among sportsmen in shooting sports.
- Peculiarities and methods of psychological recovery of athletes after trauma.
- Style of child-rearing in families of professional athletes.
- Women’s psychology: Needs and emotions in women’s sports.
- Peculiarities of the psychological preparation of women’s pair in acrobatic gymnastics.
- Modern problems of gender studies in sport psychology.
Sports Theory Research Paper Topics
- Comparative analysis of anthropometry of sportsmen in martial arts and athletics.
- Compare the sensitive periods of coordination among young girls in rhythmic gymnastics.
- Compare and contrast short interval and long interval training.
- Unique approaches in creating training programs for runner-athletes.
- Peculiarities of training programs for children’s fitness.
- Why do scientists and coaches need to work together?
- Biomechanics of muscles in the cycle of Nordic walking.
- Comparative analysis of effectiveness of stretching on performance of the high jump.
- Sociological approach in formation of sports leaders.
- Cultural identity and features of sport culture in Korea, Japan, and China.
Sports Nutrition Research Paper Topics
- Effects of specialized biologically active and nutritional supplements in sports nutrition.
- Use of curd whey in the sports nutrition industry.
- Role of microelements in sports nutrition and safety of metal chelates.
- Methods of creating individualized diets for athletes.
- Organization of sports nutrition in fitness centers and sports clubs.
- Nutrient support of athletes during training, competition, and recovery periods.
- The effects of isotonic drinks for rehydration at high physical exertion.
- Methods of drawing up a balanced diet for weightlifters.
- Development of effective functional sports nutrition for martial artists.
- Particular qualities of nutritional support for young athletes.
Sports Doping Research Paper Topics
- Methods of detection of anabolic steroids as doping in sports.
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease of various kinds of doping.
- Doping and its influence on the health of professional cyclists.
- The problem of parents that push young athletes to receive doping.
- Autotransfusion and its effects on the body of athletes in sports.
- Influence of steroids on memory and brain functions.
- Arterial thrombosis as a consequence of steroids.
- Types of tests used for doping control.
- Interconnection of doping of physical and cognitive functions
- Analysis of main concepts of the World Anti-Doping Code.
Tennis Research Paper Topics
- Effects of mental training during preparation of tennis players for competition.
- Criteria for selecting promising tennis players among adolescents.
- Peculiarities of tennis training program for 5-6 year old children.
- The relation of personal traits of a tennis player to individual sports style.
- Management of competitive pressures among professional tennis players.
- Treatment of common tennis injuries with elastic therapeutic tape.
- Process and types of evaluation of preparedness for competition among young tennis players.
- The influence of tennis lessons on the development of students’ memory.
- Ways of increasing the speed of reaction for tennis players.
- The use of a special tennis training program for development of endurance.
Soccer Research Paper Topics
- The structure of the attacking actions of soccer players.
- Psychological approaches and techniques in the training of young soccer players.
- The increase of injuries during a soccer match compared to ordinary training.
- Relation of menstrual disorder to regular soccer training among girls.
- Peculiarities of technical training programs for female soccer players.
- The affect of bad teeth on performance quality of a professional soccer player.
- The differences and similarities between female and male soccer.
- Use of jumping exercises in training goalkeepers in soccer.
- The most common injuries among soccer players, and their prevention and treatment.
- History of soccer development in China and its perspectives.
Cricket Research Paper Topics
- Avoiding traumas of the teeth during cricket.
- Statistics of eye injuries and its prevention during cricket training and matches.
- Peculiarities of medical epicondylite among cricket players and treatment management.
- Relation of cricket injuries to commotio cordis.
- History of cricket: Review of English sports periodicals of the 18th and 19th centuries.
- The use of the Hawk-Eye complex in cricket matches.
- Influence of cricket in the creation of softball sports.
- Imran Khan as representative of the professional cricket player.
- Types of matches in cricket. Difference between Test and limited-overs games.
- Analysis of cricket techniques and tactics depending on the player.
You can also find a bunch of other research paper topics within various disciplines and areas of studies.