Your questions, Denise ...
1. The short answer is 'very strict' - there is no margin, and since the WA is submitted digitally, it is very easy for examiners to check (they will not read beyond the limit, which is likely to damage significantly the effect of the text). Sorry, but your student is going to HAVE to shorten.
2. I would be doubtful about this, Denise - it's an interesting idea, but I feel that the point of the WA is that it should be a dedicated, original piece of writing, not a 'copy & paste' from some other piece of text. I can't say definitively without seeing what the student proposes ... but I think it would be a very risky project (and anyway, would need justifying very well in the Rationale). Surely there will be a 'creative' way that the student can use the diary material ...?
Ever feel you're in the wrong place
404 (Page Not Found) Error
If you're the site owner, one of two things happened:
- 1) You entered an incorrect URL into your browser's address bar, or
- 2) You haven't uploaded content.
If you're a visitor and not sure what happened:
- 1) You entered or copied the URL incorrectly or
- 2) The link you used to get here is faulty.
- (It's an excellent idea to let the link owner know.)