HSE Manager Cover Letter
HSE Managers are responsible for developing and implementing health, safety, and environmental programs for an organization. The most common work activities of HSE Managers are performing risk assessments, enforcing HSE policies, training employees on safety matters, and investigating workplace incidents.
Successful HSE Manager cover letters demonstrate some of the following skills and competencies:
- Leadership abilities
- Analytical thinking skills
- Attention to details
- Supervisory skills
- Computer competencies
- Training abilities
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety standards
Below is an example HSE Manager cover letter, demonstrating how these skills can be showcased for a potential employer.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive HSE Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Ledford:
As a skilled professional who specializes in overseeing safety, health and environmental regulatory compliance and enforcement in the office place, I am submitting the enclosed resume for your review in response to your posting for a HSE Manager at Howard & Hughes. My knowledge and expertise positions me to valuably contribute to your organization.
My established ability to effectively direct safety inspections and assessments is complemented by a steadfast commitment to achieving comprehensive employee training and knowledge while minimizing injuries and safety or environmental violations. With proven skills in performing risk assessments, enforcing HSE policies, training employees on safety matters, and investigating workplace incidents —as well as a deep understanding and knowledge of OSHA regulations—I excel at sustaining accident- and hazard-free environments and training and motivating staff for optimal regulatory compliance.
Highlights from my career accomplishments include:
- Managing and maintaining accountability for the HSE performance by hiring, training, and staffing projects with reliable professional personnel.
- Establishing HSE department goals, objectives, and actively supporting subordinate personnel in achievement of established goals and objectives.
- Developing HSE budget and assuring expenditures did not exceed the limit.
- Monitoring and actively participating in the management of injury claims with a result of a positive reduction of incidents over time.
- Facilitating Incident Investigations and providing reliable solutions.
With my comprehensive experience directing safety, health and environmental issues and compliance—along with my finely honed organizational and staff training abilities—I am prepared to carry my record of successful safety management to Howard & Hughes. I look forward to discussing my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Carol M. Montgomery
123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
Cell: (555) 123-9876 – firstname.lastname@example.org
May 29, 2014
University of Southern California
3434 South Grand Ave., Suite 120
Los Angeles, CA 90089
RE: Executive Director, Environmental Health and Safety (Job ID: 1000852)
Dear Talent Management Professional,
I am pleased to apply for the position of Executive Director, Environmental Health and Safety. Throughout my career, I have developed and leveraged my leadership, management and technical skills to reduce EHS risks, ensure compliance and maximize organizational performance. My contributions at USC will be no different.
As Executive Director, I will continue to develop and champion the EHS Department as a "center of excellence" for the university, providing the resources, systems and expertise to protect staff, faculty, employees, students, visitors and the environment. A summary of my qualifications include:
- Over 25 years of progressive responsibility as an EHS leader, manager, resource and technical expert.
- Over 20 years experience working with leaders of large organizations developing strategic plans and policies.
- Over 12 years experience managing EHS professionals, including a staff of over 35 persons.
- Experience as an EHS professional at Stanford University and Stanford University Medical Center and as a Graduate Research Assistant at UC Berkeley.
- Familiar with recognizing and controlling a broad range of health, safety, ergonomic and environmental hazards.
- Competent at designing facilities to eliminate potential hazards.
- Experience working in laboratory and R&D environments.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance and interface with regulatory agencies.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist and Certified Safety Professional
- Master's Degree in Occupational Health (UC Berkeley)
I look forward to discussing my accomplishments and how I can help build a strong and dynamic safety culture at USC. It would be a pleasure to become a member of the "Trojan Family".