Donato, a Boston Bruins prospect still playing at Harvard, planned on doing homework on the flight home.
—adam kilgore, Anchorage Daily News, "Blanked by the Czechs in a shootout, US men’s hockey team is out of the Olympics,"21 Feb. 2018
Headley has done his homework on this old/new organization, learning about the young major leaguers and some of the prospects in big-league camp.
—kevin acee, sandiegouniontribune.com, "Padres' Chase Headley back with same, different team,"17 Feb. 2018
For Hay, the time is an opportunity to work on class projects or finish her homework.
—emily k. coleman, Lake County News-Sun, "Round Lake High School's new approach to class time gives students more flexibility, independence,"9 Feb. 2018
Her 16-year-old daughter, Enghiemar, does her homework on the floor of the hotel room and tries to keep in touch with friends back home by text.
—claudia torrens, The Seattle Times, "Many Puerto Ricans adrift in US hotels after Hurricane Maria,"28 Jan. 2018
Creator Daisy Goodwin has some homework to do before the third season.
—david wiegand, San Francisco Chronicle, "On TV, Jan. 11-14: Letterman’s back, and so is ‘Victoria’,"11 Jan. 2018
Children did their homework by the glow of Pottery Barn desk lamps.
—aaron gilbreath, Longreads, "Vanishing As a Way to Reclaim Your Life,"9 Feb. 2018
Her 16-year-old daughter, Enghiemar, does her homework on the floor of the hotel room and tries to keep in touch with friends back home by text.
—claudia torrens, OrlandoSentinel.com, "Many Puerto Ricans adrift in U.S. hotels after Hurricane Maria,"30 Jan. 2018
So the Cowboys are doing their homework on guards and one has had a standout week at the Senior Bowl – UTEP’s Will Hernandez.
—drew davison, star-telegram, "As Cowboys evaluate draft prospects, guard Will Hernandez keeps popping up,"26 Jan. 2018
- Math2.org - source for all your math needs- geometry, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, and more.
- Math Archives, The
- Math Homework Help - On this page, you will find resources to help students master the basics of mathematics of numbers and number operations. Videos and tutorials explain basic operations and help with the mastery of math skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division--essential building blocks for success in mathematics.
- On-Line Books Page, The - Listing over 1 million free books on the Web.
- 50 U.S, States - Capitals and Information Links
- Constitution of the United States, The
- PUMAS - Practical Uses of Math and Science
- Scientific American - "Latest news and features on science issues that matter including earth, environment, and space. Get your science news from the most trusted source!"
- SciCentral - science and engineering resources
- WebElements - Periodic Table
COLLEGE - Research From A - Z
- Research Tools - "Tools for conducting library research."
OTHER HOMEWORK LINKS
- Ask for Kids
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh: Homework Resources
- Chegg.com: Homework Help - "Get homework help with math, calculus, algebra, physics, chemistry, science, accounting, English and more."
- Discovery Education: Math Homework Help
- Education.com - "Award winning educational materials like worksheets, games, lesson plans and activities designed to help kids succeed. Start for free now!"
- Effective Study Skills - "Here at effectivestudy.org, you’ll have access to top-notch articles on effective study skills that’ll help you to be the best that you can be in the most efficient way possible!"
- Fact Monster: Homework Center
- FirstGov for Kids - Site provides links to Federal kids' sites along with some of the best kids' sites from other organizations all grouped by subject.
- HomeworkSpot.com - Homework and math help resources.
- Information Please: Homework Center
- Multnomah County Library: Homework Center
- National Geographic: Homework Help
- Studygeek.org - "Quality Online Help for Free"
- Yahoo Kids: Homework Help
TOOLS FOR RESEARCH
- Ask the Experts
- Chem4Kids - Easy to navigate with site map or search engine and includes drop-down glossary for terms. Also includes data on atoms, elements and matter as well as biographies of famous chemists.
- Common Errors in English
- Country Studies/Area Handbook - Library of Congress - online series presently contains studies of 85 countries
- Elements of Style - Strunk
- Fact Monster - from Information Please
- Finding Data on the Internet
- Formula Conversion - FormulaConversion.com is here to assist with all your formula and measurement conversion needs.
- Statistics and Country Information - United Nations - the most up-to-date statistical data for the Member States of the United Nations.
- MLA, APA & CMS: How to Properly Format Your Papers
- OneLook Dictionaries - 19,212,906 words in 1063 dictionaries indexed.
- Online Writing Lab
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant
- Seven Steps of the Research Process, The
- Study Guides and Strategies - Study Guides includes over 50 pages of summary guides to assist students in succeeding in their studies. Topics include time and stress management, test preparation, organizational strategies, reading and writing, and more. Translated into Arabic, Russian, Chinese, French, German, and Italian, the site should help students around the world.
GENERAL REFERENCE - All Grades
- 4kids.org - designed for kids (and their parents) to find fun, educational, and safe spots to visit on the World Wide Web.
- ABCKidsInc: 15 Amazingly Awesome Science Channels for Kids - "Here is a list of science channels on Youtube containing a wide range of information you can watch and learn from. These channels show what is science for kids. With these educational science videos for kids, you can obtain new knowledge and answers to your questions in minutes!"
- Apex Essays - "Apex Essays is there to help you in writing comprehensive essays, dissertations, thesis and other academic papers."
- Ask the Experts
- Assignments4u - "Assignment help and Online assignment help by expert tutors. Fast and cheap online assignments solutions for students across USA, New Zealand, Australia."
- Ben's Guide to the U.S. Government for Kids - site introduces children to how the government works. It covers the U.S. Constitution, how laws are made, the branches of government, and citizenship. The site is divided into sections aimed at age groups K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12, with a separate section for parents and educators.
- Biology Project, The
- Calculators - Online Center - over 18,400 online calculators
- Cliff's Notes - Complete Series
- Convert It! - Convert just about anything to anything else. Over 5,000 units, and 50,000 conversions.
- Conversion Factors
- Curious Math - tricks and rules for quickly calculating certain types of math problems. There's also some entertaining trivia and other math facts that are nice to slip into casual conversation. Some of it's Useful and some of it's Curious.
- Education 4 Kids - "Once upon a time there was a dream that there would be a set of resources on the net that would exist solely for kids to use as an educational "center". A place where they could come and play drill games to better their skills and to learn. This is the place."
- Educational Hotlists - from the Franklin Institute
- Eiffel Tower - "The Eiffel Tower was build by Gustave Eiffel. The Eiffel Tower stands in the heart of Paris and on the Champs de Mars near the Seine."
- ElementarySchools.org - "Provides data and statistics on public elementary schools and private elementary schools to pick the best school in an area or for research."
- Elements of Style - William Strunk's classic on proper English usage.
- Explore Learning
- FactMonster.com - Site for young students with info on everything from dragons and giants to pets and proverbs.
- Facts Encyclopedia - Refdesk - Over 70 Subject Categories.
- Facts Subject Index - Refdesk - 24 Reference Categories
- Franklin's Forecast - Information for students about various weather phenomenon and forecasting.There is a simple experiment that demonstrates the causes of El Nino, instructions for building a weather station, and has links to related science projects to do either at home or online.
- FreeFictionBooks.org - "FreeFictionBooks.org is a collection of more than 35,000 free fiction and non-fiction books that can be read online. All books on this website are published legally. They may be in public domain, because their copyright expired (public domain) or because their authors gave up their rights, or their authors provided explicit permission to freefictionbooks.org to publish them on this website."
- From Stargazers to Starships - This high-school level tutorial focuses on three topics: Astronomy of the Earth‚s motion in space which includes information, and some experiments and projects that teach concepts about the calendar, seasons, Kepler‚s laws, building a sundial, and more; Newtonian mechanics has some projects for understanding Newton‚s laws and discussion of mass and motion; and Spaceflight and Spacecraft demonstrates the principle of the rocket, covers Goddard and early rockets, and moves on to discussions of future spacecraft propulsion efforts such as nuclear power and space sails.
- FunBrain.com - "The Internet's #1 Education Site for K-8."
- GeekAndNerd.org - "We've collected about 1000 online courses you may take without even leaving your room. And they're perfect not only for finding a better job but primarily for your personal development. If you've always wanted to learn how to draw or find out about ancient Roman Empire, it's the perfect chance to do it. Just choose the category of your interest and start right now!"
- General Chemistry Online - An introductory, searchable guide to chemistry that includes hyperlinked notes and guides for first semester chemistry, as well as articles. There is also a searchable glossary of over 900 terms, over 400 FAQs and a trivia quiz.
- Guide to Geography - About.com - resources include online world atlas, weekly articles about geography, annotated links to hundreds of sites, weekly quizzes, chats, and a free email newsletter.
- Historical Documents - The Avalon Project at Yale Law School
- How Electricity Works - "Check out SaveOnEnergy's infographic on How Electricity Works and learn the basics of how we harness electricity to power our lives!"
- How Everything Works
- How To Keep Children Safe Online - "A good guide that gives an overview of several dangers on the Internet and how to deal with them, such as cyberbullying, social networking, password security, etc."
- How Stuff Works
- Human-Languages Page - best language links on the Internet
- Internet Classics Archive, The. - searchable collection of almost 400 classical Greek and Roman texts (in English translation) with user-provided commentary
- Kidinfo - A great way to find both fun stuff and information for completing your homework assignments.
- KidsClick! - "web guide and search tool for kids by librarians."
- Kids' Rules for Online Safety - "These rules are aimed mostly at younger children, at oldest pre-teens. Appropriate rules for online use vary by age, maturity of the child and family values."
- LearningPlanet.com - Site for kids preschool through sixth grade to play free learning games online.
- LibrarySpot - a virtual library resource center for educators and students, librarians and their patrons, families, businesses and just about anyone exploring the Web for valuable research information
- Library of Congress Home Page
- Mad Scientist Network - Answers on everything from Anatomy to Zoology.
- Math.com - Free math homework help, math tutoring, math formulas and cool math stuff. Recommendations on books, calculators and products for students, parents, and teachers.
- Math Forum Internet Mathematics Library, The
- Math Help: Professor Freedman - a mixture of sound, humor, color, animation and graphics with lots of help for the "math anxious" student. Its aim is to give students a self-directed and entertaining way to learn basic math and algebra.
- Math in Daily Life - site shows how math helps us in our daily lives. It demonstrates math concepts such as probability, compounding, growth, geometry, and relationships in situations such as gambling, savings and investing, population growth, home decorating, and cooking.
- Math Resources - "A list of important math resources any student should know."
- Math Word Problems for Children - over 2000 math word problems for children to learn from and enjoy. The pages are sorted by topic and level of difficulty. Each problem is designed to improve elementary and middle school students' critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Math Worksheets Land - "The largest and most comprehensive K-12 math worksheets site aligned directly to the core curriculum. We Now Have Over 61,000 Printable Pages!"
- Math Worksheets - "This site has math fact worksheets, place value problems, addition without carrying, subtraction without borrowing, suites of multiplication tests using various methodologies, fractions and more."
- Metric Conversion Card - Use this easy chart to convert inches to centimeters, pounds to kilograms, Fahrenheit to Celsius, and more.
- Mint, The - An economics and money management primer that addresses how to earn, budget, save, and invest money in today's society. Issues covered include the stock market, credit cards, inflation, income, expenses, interest rates, the relationship between higher education and earning potential, and more. Designed for middle school and high school students, with a section for teachers and parents
- MyVocabulary.com - "Vocabulary University participants learn English vocabulary in context (grades 2-12) with free word puzzles and activities. Vocabulary content includes lesson plans, word lists, vocabulary word games, top SAT/ACT words, SAT/ACT vocabulary puzzles, thematic exercises and crosswords for vocabulary building."
- NationMaster.com - a massive central data source and a handy way to graphically compare nations. NationMaster is a vast compilation of data from such sources as the CIA World Factbook, UN, and OECD. Using the form above, you can generate maps and graphs on all kinds of statistics with ease.
- Neuroscience for Kids - Explore the nervous system, using experiments, activities, and games to learn about the brain, spinal cord, neurons, and senses. The site, which includes links to other sites and current events in the field, is appropriate to students of all ages.
- Old Farmer's Almanac
- OneLook Dictionaries - 19,044,138 words in 1062 dictionaries indexed.
- Perry-Castaneda Library Map Collection
- Periodic Table - WebElements
- Perseus Project, The - detailed searchable library of texts, translations, art and archaeology of Ancient Greece and Rome.
- Peterson's Guide to Colleges - information on undergraduate and graduate education in the US
- Physics Classroom, The - Learn basic physics concepts and review them in the Physics Tutorial. Check Your Understanding quizzes let you know you got it.
- Project Gutenburg - "Project Gutenberg is the place where you can download over 33,000 free ebooks to read on your PC, iPad, Kindle, Sony Reader, iPhone, Android or other portable device."
- Quia Math - more than thirty math activities which include flashcards and a Concentration-style matching game. Topics range from basic addition to algebra terminology. Don't miss the Math Journey, where students can travel around the world as they practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and rounding at four levels.
- QuickMath - QuickMath is an automated service for answering common math problems over the internet. Think of it as an online calculator that solves equations and does all sorts of algebra and calculus problems - instantly and automatically!
- RHL School, The - subject areas are reading comprehension, math problem solving and computation, English basics, and reference skills. They are most appropriate for elementary through middle school students.
- Readers.com - "Winning spelling words for the past 50 years."
- Reference.com - searchable directories of newsgroups and mailing lists
- Research-It! - collection of online research tools. Search dictionaries, translate words, find quotations and more.
- Roberts Rules of Order - simplified version of Robert's Rules of Order, the standards for conducting meetings
- Roget's Internet Thesaurus
- Royal Society of Chemistry: Visual Elements Periodic Table - "The Royal Society of Chemistry’s interactive periodic table which includes Murray Robertson’s Visual Elements artwork. Hover over the elements to see key facts and the supply risk which highlights elements where limited abundance may hinder the production of new technologies. Click the elements for interesting facts, atomic data, isotopes and more."
- SAT Question of the Day
- Science is Fun - the fun of science through home science activities, demonstration shows, videos, and books. Information about these and other science fun stuff is available here.
- School Express - an educational mall offering resources for schools, homeschools, teachers, parents and children. Links are given to hundreds of educational web sites. The Free Worksheets are especially popular for school and home use.
- Science News for Kids - This site is a resource for kids ages 9 to 14 and their teachers and parents.
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators - a classified list of sites on the Internet found to be useful for enhancing curriculum and teacher professional growth.
- Select My Tutor - "Select My Tutor is a UK based platform that connects private tutors to students, be it for online or in home tutoring."
- Shakespeare - The Complete Works
- Space Place, The - Space science can be more fun than your children ever imagined. At The Space Place. Brought to us from the folks at NASA, kids can learn how to make and do "spacey things." Or pick up some "amazing facts" from Dr. Marc.
- StateMaster.com - statistical database which allows you to research and compare a multitude of different data on US states.
- Statistics - How accurate is polling? Find out about statistics concepts through the case study of a fictional election.
- Study Guides and Strategies - Study Guides includes over 100 pages of summary guides to assist students in succeeding in their studies. Sections include learning and studying strategies, test preparation and taking, classroom and project participation, reading and writing skills, and more. Translated into 25 languages.
- Study Tips and Study Skills - "How to study is a big question. Everyone wants to study effectively so as to achieve goals, gain knowledge, pass exams or get skills. The guide will show you every aspect of study skills, teach you top study tips and help you find the best way to study. Learning how to learn is as important as learning itself. Time is gold, so let’s start."
- Sunrise/Sunset Computation - Type in a city name and find out times for sunrise, sunset, and more
- Thomas: Legislative Information on the Internet
- Top 25 Reading & Writing Resources for English Buffs - "Whether you're a serial novelist, casual blogger, or you just like to flip through magazines at the dentist's office, your life wouldn't be the same without the hundreds of years of development and fine tuning that have made English a truly global language. The sites on this list celebrate English in myriad ways. Some offer advice for aspiring freelance writers, or strategies from writers who have already 'made it,' and some just revel in the enjoyment of books, literature, and language in general."
- U. S. & World Population Clock
- Virtual Body
- Visible Human Project, The - The US National Library of Medicine is creating complete, anatomically detailed, three-dimensional representations of the male and female human body.
- Webonauts Internet Academy - "The Webonauts Internet Academy game teaches kids about key issues of web safety and good citizenship."
- WyzAnt Resources - 'WyzAnt Resources features 84,000+ free resources created by the largest network of private tutors on the web. Explore and collaborate to start learning today!"
- Webster Dictionary - the on-line version of Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Tenth Edition
- WebMath - the goal of this website is to provide you with an instant solution to the particular math problem you're having trouble solving.
- Weights & Measures
- Why Files: Science behind the news
- WorldClimate: Weather rainfall and temperature data - over 85,000 records of world climate data
- World Factbook - CIA
- World Rulers
- World Wide Metric Calculators
- World Time Zones
- Z39.50 Gateway - LOC